Grilled Parmesan Sweet Potatoes is a surprisingly huge hit in our family, but I wish it looked as good as it tasted. This is one of those recipes that is “to-die-for delicious” but just isn’t as pretty as it should be. Don’t let that stop you from making it.
Let’s get started on this super quick and rewarding recipe!
🍲 Meal Preparation
For the parmesan mixture, add the butter, parmesan, garlic, italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Give it a quick stir.
🔥 Grilling Instructions
Step One: Fire up the grill to a direct heat at 350 degrees. While that is heating up, slice two large sweet potatoes in 3/16 inch slices.
I used our food slicer to cut the potatoes in a uniform thickness. That makes the grilling time more consistent.
Step Two: Layer the sweet potato slices in a cast iron skillet. I added three to four layers thick.
Step Three: Pour the parmesan mix over the sweet potatoes in the cast iron skillet.
⏲️ Grilling Time
It only took 20 minutes for the sweet potatoes to be fully cooked. A nice caramelized crust formed where the potatoes and the cast iron touched – Oh my! Was that just the best part of the dish!
The time varies depending on how thick the slices of sweet potato were cut. The thinner the slice, the quicker it will cook.
Be careful removing the cast iron skillet from the grill. It is extremely hot! After this recipe, I decided to research and wrote about the best grilling gloves I could find. Hopefully, I can avoid finding out exactly how hot cast iron will get again!
Easy! Quick! Delicious! My perfect grilled sweet potato recipe!
Other Grilled Potato Dishes
Twice Baked Brisket Potatoes – I had some leftover brisket and wanted to make a meal out of these twice baked potatoes. They were so filling and delish with the smoky flavor!
Foil Pack Sweet Potato – You can’t get any easier than this! Wrapping the sweet potato in foil with a little bit of prep and grilling it until it is baked through.
Mouthwatering Grilled Potato Skins – Yowza! These turned so crispy and we made ours “fully loaded” with sour cream, butter, bacon and all the fixings! I can’t say enough good things about the amazing texture and flavor!
Grilled Parmesan Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Sweet Potatoes I used my meat slicer to make the job VERY easy!
- 3 tbsp Butter melted
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
Mix the Ingredients
- Add all ingredients except the sweet potatoes to a small bowl and mix thoroughly
- Set aside
Slice the Sweet Potatoes
- To get evenly sliced potatoes, use a food slicer. I set mine to 3/16" and had very consistent and thin slices of sweet potatoes. If you don't have one, just slice them with a sharp kitchen knife
Prepare the Cast Iron Skillet
- Layer the sweet potatoes in a cast iron skillet. Only 2-3 potatoes slices deep.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the potatoes.
- Set the grill for 350 degrees on direct heat and grill for approximately 20 minutes or until the potatoes on top are softened.