Investing in a good quality pair of grilling gloves is a must for every griller. Not only do grilling gloves protect your skin and hands from high temperatures and heat, but they also serve the practical purpose of offering better grip while handling tongs, knives, and hot dishes. I’ve gone through several through the years and decided it was time to help others decide which ones are best.
List of the Best Grill Gloves
- Rappica Grill Gloves – 932 degree protection
- Vlampo BBQ Gloves – 1472 degrees!
- Artisan Griller Insulated Gloves
- Heatsistance High Temp BBQ Gloves
- Grill Heat Aid Extreme High Temperature Gloves
- SARCCH Protective Grilling Mitts – 1472 degrees
- Jolly Green Ekogrips Grill Gloves
- Sumpro Extreme High Temp Professional Gloves
- Mr. Smith High Temperature Gloves
Finding the Right Pair of Grilling Gloves
Grilling gloves come in a range of different materials, prices, and heat resistance. This article will help you focus on those attributes that are most important, and bypass those that are just marketing ploys. These are some of the most important factors to consider when deciding on a pair of grilling gloves to buy:
- High temperature resistance. Basically the higher the temperature that the gloves can withstand, the safer you’ll be and the more you’ll be able to protect yourself from burns and injuries. If you have grilled at extremely high temperatures to achieve the perfect sear, you know how hot the grill can get, and how every extra second the meat stays over the coals could make the difference between perfection and a ruined dish!
- Extended sleeves. Many grilling gloves extend beyond the wrist to offer protection to forearms. Some even extend up to the elbows. This is a must for protecting yourself against burns on your arms, so make sure that your gloves have extended sleeves. I have seared plenty of arm hair removing dishes from a hot grill. It’s not fun!
- Silicon grip. Gloves with a better quality grip ensure dexterity and give added safety while handling tongs, knives, hot grills, and hot pans.
- Heat resistant materials. Make sure your gloves contain proper heat resistant materials because silicon and cotton won’t cut it. Look for neoprene and aramid fibers as they both insulate and offer high-quality heat protection.
- A good fit. The gloves should fit your hands well for optimal protection. If they are too big or bulky then they won’t be as safe while tending to hot temperatures.
Best Grilling Gloves
1. RAPICCA BBQ Gloves – Heat Resistant-Smoker, Grill, Cooking Barbeque Gloves
These waterproof, fireproof, oil resistant neoprene coated gloves are perfectly designed to offer all the protection you’ll need during grilling. They are heat resistant up to 932 degrees. The food-grade neoprene coating is insulated with rubber and the gloves are lined with a double layer of kevlar will keep your hands cool.
- Made from Kevlar
- Protection up to 932 degrees
- Insulated and textured palm for great gripping
- Washable with soap and water
- 14 or 17 inch long sleeve (two different options)
- Commercial grade
The textured palm grip is perfect for handling greasy meats as well as slippery tongs and knives. The long sleeve protected my arms when reaching over extremely hot coals. They are washed with a little soap and warm water and will drip dry. These are used in professional kitchens, and are an excellent, inexpensive accessory for hard core grillers.
2. Vlampo BBQ Gloves – Heat Resistant BBQ Gloves
These gloves are designed for people who spend a lot of time with their grill. They are triple layered with silicon and cotton linings making them extremely heat resistant, fire-proof, and non-slip. The extended 5.5” sleeve protects forearms and hands, but I wish they were a bit longer. I grill a lot on high temperatures and can’t tell you how many times I have singed my arm hair. The outer cotton layer offers much more breathability than leather or silicone gloves.
- 1472 degree protection
- 5.5 inch sleeves
- Made of three synthetic materials including Deyan Aramid (This is used in aerospace and military applications)
3. Artisan Grilled Heat Resistant Gloves – Waterproof and Insulated
These waterproof and oil resistant gloves are good for barbequing, grilling, frying, and smoking. They come in one size that fits the majority of hand sizes. The non-slip pattern on the palm of the gloves make it easy to manage hot meats and hot utensils while keeping hands and skin safe. The heat-resistant layer is made from food-grade neoprene, making it resistant to water, grease, hot oil splashes, melting, flames, and fire. These can easily handle medium temperatures from your grill or smoker.
- Good for smoking – up to 400-500 degrees
- Wavy pattern in the neoprene on the palm and fingers offers grip and support
- Comes with a resealable storage bag
4. Heatsistance High Temp (932 degrees) Gloves – With Long Sleeves
These gloves are coated with food-grade neoprene and are efficiently designed to protect forearms and hands from smoke, fire, and high temperatures. These work to protect skin and hands from temperatures up to 932 degrees fahrenheit. Available in 14” or 18” for added protection. They are waterproof, fireproof, stain resistant, non-slip, easy to clean, and are versatile to work during any high-heat activities including smoking, grilling, BBQ, cooking, and tending to campfires.
- 14 or 18 inch sleeves to choose from
- Made with food grade neoprene with 932 degree rating
- Double layer of soft cotton lining inside
- Non-slip pattern in the palm and fingers
These are solid, versatile gloves for both smoking and high temperature grilling.
I really liked the soft interior with the cotton lining and was very happy to see that it is offered in two different sleeve lengths.
5. Grill Heat Aid Extreme High Temp Gloves – Heat Resistant Grill Gloves
These gloves are EN407 certified, meaning they can withstand ultra-high temperatures up to 932 degrees Fahrenheit. They are designed to maintain grip and dexterity and offer comfort with their 100% cotton lining. The extended length of the cuff offers additional protection for forearms and wrists, and the double layer of knitted internal layers adds extra protection from heat. The fire-proof components are made from high-grade para-aramid and meta-aramid fibers which are the same materials used in clothes designed for firefighters for protecting against high heat and flames.
- Can manage up to 932 degrees for short time
- Made of same material as found in firefighter protective equipment
- Comes in two sizes
- Protects against cold too
6. SARCCH Grilling Gloves – 1472 degree Protective Grilling Mitts
These highly rated BBQ gloves are built to withstand extremely high temperatures of up to 1472 degrees fahrenheit. This provides maximum protection against heat and burns during grilling, camping, cooking, baking, and other activities involving tending to heat and fires. They are made with a breathable polyester cotton lining for added comfort. The ultra practical and reliable grip means that handling hot pans or dishes can be easily done without worrying about slipping or dropping anything in the process.
- High temperature protection
- These are NOT waterproof
- Very flexible
- Excellent silicone grip
The gloves are machine washable but should be hung to dry instead of being placed in the dryer as to maintain the structural integrity of the glove materials. The heat resistant design can withstand the maximum temperature of 1472 degrees for 8 seconds, 932 degrees for 12 seconds, and 392 degrees for 30 seconds.
7. Jolly Green Ekogrips Premium BBQ Gloves – Insulated Silicone Grill Mitts
These silicone BBQ gloves can resist temperatures up to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. They’ve earned a reputation as some of the safest and most reliable grilling gloves on the market and have even been featured on The Cooking Channel, Buzzfeed, Sobe Food & Wine, and more. They are designed to fully protect hands and wrists and offer no-slip grip for BBQ, grilling, and kitchen use. They are BPA free, FDA approved, 100% waterproof, stain-proof, dishwasher safe, and are not susceptible to accumulating odors.
- Protection up to 425 degrees
- 100% Silicone / No liner
- Washable in the Dishwasher!
- Three different sizes
- Fairly long sleeves for forearm protection
The company who makes these gloves is so confident you’ll love them that they even offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and refund if you are not happy with your purchase. They are available in two colors and multiple sizes.
8. Sumpro Professional Cooking Gloves – Extreme High Temperature (1472)
These heat resistant gloves offer supreme protection from high temperatures up to 1472 degrees Fahrenheit. The gloves are suitable for grilling, baking, cooking, frying, and handling hot items in any environment. They are made from certified aramid fabric that guarantees heat resistance and safety against high temperatures plus a polyester cotton lining to ensure comfort and wearability.
- 1472 degrees protection
- Certified to EN407 and EN388
- Food grade silicone grips
- Machine washable
- Left and right hands are interchangeable
9. Mr. Smith BBQ Grill Gloves – Extreme Heat Resistance
These EN407 certified gloves offer extreme heat protection, withstanding temperatures up to 1472 degrees Fahrenheit. They use multiple layers of high-tech, heat resistant materials to guarantee protection from burns and hot spills. The top layers of the gloves are made from aramid fabric to ensure heat resistance and the anti-slip grip allows for superior non-slip grip when handling hot pots, pans and other hot items while cooking. They are machine washable and come with a 100% money back guarantee.
- EN407 certified up to 1472 degrees
- Aramid Fabric
- Machine Washable
- Longer sleeves
These gloves are great for handling most grilling jobs and can also be used in the kitchen.
The long cuff/sleeve protects against reaching over hot coals.
You can’t really go wrong with any of these grilling gloves. They each offer superior protection and practicality, and they are all highly rated and reviewed for various reasons. Take some time to read through the details of each one to figure out what works best for you. Come back and let me know which one you decided on and why! I love to hear what others choose and learn from their thoughts. Happy grilling!