Do you have that “go to” recipe you use for a football party or tailgate? Grilled Orange and Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings might just make the list for me!
This recipe plays the natural sweetness of oranges and honey against the heat of the sriracha. The complex flavors of the peppers give just enough of a kick to make this fun!
Sriracha Sauce – The chili pepper and vinegar flavors work perfectly on wings. It is tempered by the sweetness of the other ingredients.
Orange Juice Concentrate – The cans of frozen concentrate are one of my favorite ingredients for marinades. Let it come to room temperature before use.
Step One: Allow the can of orange juice concentrate to come to room temperature.
Step Two: Add the honey, sriracha, chili oil and ½ can of orange juice concentrate to a bowl. Mix well.
Step Three: Reserve ½ cup of the marinade for brushing on the wings. Place the remainder of the marinade in a Ziploc bag with your chicken.
Step Four: Place the Ziploc bag in a bowl (in case of unexpected leaks) and set it in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
🔥 Grilling Instructions
Step One: Heat the grill to 350 degrees.
Step Two: Grill for six minutes on each side.
Step Three: In the last few minutes, brush on the reserved marinade (not what was in the Ziploc bag). This will create a bit of a glaze for the wings.
💡 Recipe Tips
Substitute the orange concentrate for another flavor like lemonade or limeade. There is a really cool orange pineapple one out there as well. Play with it and have fun!
Don’t throw away the remaining ½ can of concentrate. Either make the Grilled Cinnamon Pineapple Slices or make a quick quart of orange juice!
Pineapple Mango Chicken Wings – These fun and sweet wings work perfectly with these Sriracha ones. Offer a bit of heat with the sweet.
Garlic and Parmesan Chicken Wings – There is so much garlic-goodness in these wings that you’ll just love them! They taste even better on the second day.
Grilled Orange and Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings
- 12 Chicken Wings
- ¼ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Sriracha Sauce
- 1 tbsp Chili Oil
- ½ can Orange Juice Concentrate room temperature
Prepare the Sriracha Marinade
- Mix honey, sriracha sauce, chili oil and the room-temperature orange juice concentrate together in a bowl
- Reserve ¼ cup of the marinade to brush on at the end of grilling
- Pour into a Ziploc bag and add chicken
- Mix and marinade in refrigerator for 4-6 hours.
Grill the Chicken Wings
- Heat the grill to 350 degrees
- Place chicken on grill grate and cook for 6 minutes
- Turn over and cook an additional 6 minutes
- When the chicken is almost finished, brush on reserved marinade on both sides and it should create a sticky glaze.