Welcome a warm summer evening with a fun grilled dessert. These Cinnamon and Orange Grilled Pineapple Slices will be the hit of your BBQ!
Did you read the blog post recipe on Grilled Honey and Sriracha Chicken and think “What the heck am I supposed to do with the extra half can of orange juice concentrate?” Besides making a quart of orange juice, you can make these grilled pineapples as a side dish or a dessert.
Orange Juice Concentrate – You only need half of a can, just make sure it is fully defrosted. Let it sit in a bowl to defrost.
Whole Pineapple – Use a whole pineapple. Peel it and remove the center core. Keep the peels as a decorate bed to put the pineapple slices on when you are done.
Step One: Combine the orange juice concentrate, vanilla, cinnamon and melted butter in a gallon Ziploc bag.
Step Two: Peel, cut and core the pineapple. Cut it into ¾” thick slices and add them to the Ziploc bag. Work the ingredients around to make sure you have good coverage.
Step Three: Only leave it in the bag for about five minutes.
🔥 Grilling Instructions
I love how fast it is to grill fruits, especially pineapple.
Step One: Set up the grill for direct heat and bring the temperature to 350 degrees. I added my favorite secret-grilling-weapon, the GrillGrate and gave it a light oiling to help prevent sticking.
Step Two: When the grill is up to temperature, add the slices of the marinated pineapple. Grill each side for 3-4 minutes. It doesn’t take long.
This is just an incredible, easy dish that can be served as a side or as a dessert. Jason put a scoop of ice cream on his as a dessert and it was soooo good!
Grilled Pineapple Slices – This is the classic recipe that started my grilled fruit passion.
How to Grill Peaches – This is another extremely fast grilled fruit dessert. Top these with a bit of goat cheese and honey (or go straight to the ice cream!)
Grilled Cinnamon Pineapple Slices with Orange and Vanilla
- ½ can Orange Juice Concentrate
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbs p Butter melted
- 1 whole Pineapple cored, sliced into one inch slices
- Heat grill to 350 degrees on direct heat
- Combine vanilla, orange juice concentrate (defrosted), cinnamon and butter together in a bowl and mix. Put ingredients in a Ziploc bag.
- Slice the pineapple and remove the core. Cut pineapple into 3/4 inch slices and put in Ziploc bag with the orange mixture and allow to sit 5-10 minutes, maximum.
- Place pineapple slices on the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes. Flip. Grill second side 3-4 minutes.
- Right before removing, brush the newly grilled side with the orange mixture from the bag. It will start to sink into pineapple grooves and caramelize. Turn over one last time to brush the orange mixture to the second side and remove from the grill.