This two-ingredient Grilled Honey Lemon Chicken is packed with flavor and has a 30 minute marinade that is great for those last minute BBQs!
Let’s talk about two ingredient marinades! I knew that would grab your attention. I love “quick and easy” just as much as you, and I love sharing when I have a winner!!!
Lemonade Concentrate – Talk about flavor in a can! Let the frozen concentrate come to room temperature and it serves as the base for the marinade.
Honey – The sweetness of the honey offsets the tart lemonade.
Chicken Breasts – Place the chicken breasts between two layers of saran and pound them to about ¼ – ½” thick. This not only tenderizes the breasts, but they will absorb the marinade better and it will grill faster.
Step One: Bring one can of frozen lemonade to come to room temperature or thaw in the fridge overnight.
Step Two: Put the honey and lemonade in a gallon Ziploc bag with your chicken and marinade for 30-60 minutes. That’s all it takes!
🔥 Grilling Instructions
I prefer grilling on the Big Green Egg. The thick ceramic walls really make a difference and help the chicken remain juicy. A gas grill will work great too, especially if you flatten the chicken breasts.
Step One: Set up the grill with direct heat and dial in the temperature to 350 degrees.
Step Two: Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on the heated grill. It will only take about seven minutes or so on each side. Make sure the internal temperature reaches the safe level of 165 degrees, though.
Step Three: Remove the chicken from the grill and garnish with some cut lemons and a nice drizzle of honey!
Recommended Side Dishes
Grilled Baby Potatoes – Loaded with garlic, these baby potatoes will be an excellent side to serve with this chicken. They are fast and easy to make!
Grilled Sweet Onions – Who doesn’t love grilled onions? Follow these easy steps to serve up a delicious veggie side dish.
Grilled Parsnips – If you are in a rush, throw some parsnips on the grill for a fun and tangy veggie treat. Use your cast iron skillet and these will be the hit of the BBQ.
Grilled Honey Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 4 Chicken Breast skinless/boneless
- 1 can Lemonade Concentrate brought to room temperature
- 2-4 tbsp Honey
Prepare the Chicken Breasts
- This is optional. Lay a chicken breast between two layers of saran and pound it flat using a butcher's mallet or a rolling pin. The flattening process will tenderize the chicken, allow it to absorb more of the marinade, and grill faster.
Prepare the Marinade
- Bring the can of frozen lemonade to room temperature
- Combine lemonade and honey together in a Ziploc bag and mix. Add chicken and marinade for 30-60 minutes.
Grill the Chicken
- Heat the grill to 350 degrees
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and place it on the grill. Allow it to cook for about seven minutes on each side. Make sure the internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Remove and serve