This grilled teriyaki steak recipe is a fan favorite! It is the perfect recipe if you want something quick, easy and is a crowd pleaser! The homemade teriyaki sauce that is used for the marinade soaks nicely into the steak! The steak comes off the grill seared and juicy. Seriously, perfection on the grill is about to happen and you will be happy to tried it!
Make the Teriyaki Steak Marinade
Combine all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix. Pour the teriyaki marinade into a ziplock bag and add 2-3 ribeyes (or steak of your choice) and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for thirty minutes. I wouldn’t go more than that, it’s just not necessary.
Other Teriyaki Steak Marinade Ideas
Think out of the box here for this recipe! I have used the same marinade recipe on meat for kebabs and vegetables. The tangy flavor is perfect for whole mushrooms and peppers as well.
If you don’t have time to grill, but you still want to use this recipe, simply slice the marinated steak and pan fry the slices over medium high heat. Cook for two minutes on each side.
Simple Steps for a perfect Grilled Teriyaki Steak
Grilling this recipe is very straightforward. The biggest risk is to overcook it. Set up the grill for direct heat and dial in the temperature to 375 – 400 degrees. I use 375 if my cut of steak is thicker, and 400 if it is thinner.
I have been very impressed with the performance of the GrillGrates, and try to use them when possible. The fins of the GrillGrate sear the meat extremely well, and leave a nice marking as well.
Grill each side for about six or seven minutes. This cooked the ribeye to medium for a ¾” thick cut of meat. You will need more time for a thicker slice of meat.
If you are looking for other quick grilling ideas to complement the teriyaki steak, try our delicious artichokes!
Grilled Teriyaki Steak Recipe – 30 Minute Marinade
- 1/2 c soy sauce
- 1/2 c sugar
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tbs ground ginger
- 2 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 3-4 steaks we recommend rib eye
- Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and mix.
- Pour into a gallon zip lock bag and add steak. Seal and mix it all together.
- Marinade for 30 minutes.
- Discard marinade. Do no re-use any extra.
- Heat grill to 375 degrees and oil grill grates so the steak does not stick.
- Place steak on grill and cook each side 6-7 minutes, depending on the level of doneness you prefer.
- Tent the steak for up to 5 minutes after taking off the grill to allow the juices to settle in the steak and not run out and become dry.