This Grilled Teriyaki Steak recipe is a fan favorite! It is the perfect recipe if you want something quick. It’s easy and a crowd pleaser! The homemade teriyaki sauce that is used for the marinade soaks nicely into the steak. It comes off the grill seared and juicy. Seriously, perfection on the grill is about to happen and you will be happy to tried it!
🍲 Prepare the Marinade
Combine all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix. Pour the teriyaki marinade into a Ziploc bag and add 2-3 ribeyes (or steak of your choice) and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for thirty minutes. I wouldn’t go more than that, it’s just not necessary.
Other Marinade Ideas
Think out of the box here for this recipe! I have used the same marinade recipe on meat for kebabs and vegetables. The tangy flavor is perfect for whole mushrooms and peppers as well.
If you don’t have time to grill, but you still want to use this recipe, simply slice the marinated steak and pan fry the slices over medium high heat. Cook for two minutes on each side.
🔥 Grilling Instructions
Grilling this recipe is very straightforward. The biggest risk is to overcook it.
Step One: Set up the grill for direct heat and dial in the temperature to 375 – 400 degrees. I use 375 if my cut of steak is thicker, and 400 if it is thinner.
Step Two: Grill each side for about six or seven minutes. This cooked the ribeye to medium for a ¾” thick cut of meat. You will need more time for a thicker slice of meat.
Step Three: Remove from the grill and let rest for ten minutes before serving.
🥩 Other Great Steak Recipes
Herb Butter Grilled Ribeye – I never used to add butter to my steaks, but once I tried it, I doubt i will ever go back. This adds such a rich and amazing flavor profile.
Reverse Sear Cowboy Ribeye – We got some SUPER thick tomahawk ribeyes from a local farm and grilled these using a reverse sear method. I was shocked at how easy it was, and how well it grilled!
Grilled Teriyaki Steak Recipe – 30 Minute Marinade
- 3-4 Steaks we used ribeye
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 3-4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Ginger ground
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
Prepare the Marinade
- Combine all the marinade ingredients into a bowl and mix
- Pour into a gallon Ziploc bag and add steak. Seal and mix it all together
- Marinade for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. I recommend placing the Ziploc in a plastic container just in case it leaks. It can create a mess if it drips all over the fridge (trust me).
- After 30 minutes, remove the steak and discard the marinade
Grill the Teriyaki Steaks
- Heat grill to 375 degrees and oil the grill grates so the steak does not stick
- Place steak on grill over the direct flames and cook each side 6-7 minutes, depending on the temperature you prefer.
- Let the steak rest for 10 minutes after taking off the grill to allow the juices to settle in the steak and not run out. This simple step helps the steak retain its juiciness!