These Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges take just 15 minutes to make and will be a hit with the kids thanks to the dash of brown sugar. This is great for a last minute BBQ!
Do you ever have a vegetable dish that you love, but don’t cook it as often as you want? This sweet potato dish is ours! We love them! We have been cooking zucchini and yellow squash a lot lately, and kept forgetting how much we missed the sweet potato!
Step One: Cut the sweet potatoes into one inch wedges.
Step Two: Mix the melted butter and brown sugar with a little bit of cumin. Pour this mixture into a ziplock bag and add the sweet potato wedges. Shake the bag gently to evenly coat the potatoes.
🔥 Grilling Instructions
Step One: Set up the grill for direct heat at 350 degrees.
Step Two: Lay the sweet potatoes on the grate and grill each side for about five minutes. They should be fork tender.
Step Three: After grilling, drizzle a little bit of honey over the top and serve!
Note: Make sure you add plenty of olive oil to the surface of the GrillGrate. I didn’t and some of the potato wedges stuck to the surface.
GrillGrate – You could just lay the sweet potato wedges on the grilling grate, but I just got a new toy, and thought this would be a good time to try it out. Ginny was kind enough to buy me the GrillGrate. It is a hard aluminum product that you set directly on the grate.
The rails heat up significantly hotter than the grill surface, and the GrillGrate spreads the heat evenly to minimize cold spots. I thought it would be fun to try as I really wanted the distinctive sear marks on the grilled sweet potato wedges.
It worked wonders!
💡 Recipe Tips
The list is really endless here. Open up your spice cabinet and have a great time. Mix in the apple pie spice instead of cinnamon, rub with a savory to capture a sweet/savory combo! These are fun and you can go crazy with this one!
- Grill with just olive oil, salt and pepper
- Grill with just olive oil and drizzle honey at the end, leaving off the brown sugar
- Combine a little bit of honey with butter and drizzle it on the top after it comes off the grill
- Grill with butter, brown sugar and cinnamon
Related Sweet Potato Recipes
Grilled “Baked” Sweet Potatoes – Wrap a sweet potato in foil and “bake” it on the grill for one of the easiest recipes we have! It is virtually set-and-forget.
Grilled Parmesan Sweet Potatoes – Layered slices in a cast iron skillet and topped with parmesan cheese, this recipe had the rich, earthy flavors and was fun to grill.
Grilled Sweet Potato Wedges
- 2 Sweet Potatoes medium
- 2 tbsp Butter melted
- 3 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cumin ground
Slice the Sweet Potatoes
- Carefully cut the two sweet potatoes into wedges no more than ½ inch think at any point. It is more important to have the wedges be of similar size.
Prepare the Mix
- Add butter, brown sugar and cumin to a ziplock bag and mix
- Add in the potato wedges and work the mixture to coat the potatoes
Grill the Sweet Potatoes
- Bring the grill temperature to 350 degrees on direct heat
- Carefully arrange the sweet potatoes on the grill
- Grill each side for about 5 minutes