A couple of weeks ago, we posted the Grilled Peaches with Cranberries and Roasted Pecans and we haven’t really stopped talking about grilled fruit since! Jason jumped on the bandwagon and grilled pineapple. Spoiler alert: it was incredible. We found that when we are having the grilled fruit with dinner or shortly afterwards, the nighttime cravings aren’t there either so really this is a huge win! That brings me to the Sweet Grilled Peaches with Ice Cream and Blueberries.
This recipe offers a little bit more calories, but it uses a lot less ice cream than we normally serve. Using in-season, fresh fruit makes a delicious dessert. When did we start thinking that only diabetics or other lactose sensitive diets needed the fresh fruits? I promise that you will want to run back to this one, the Grilled Peaches with Cranberries and Roasted Pecans or the Grilled Honey Cinnamon Bananas.
Tip: Grilled peaches store in the fridge beautifully for about 24-48 hours. This isn’t the time to cook lots of extras for later in the week. You can certainly make an extra batch to enjoy the Grilled Peach and Arugula Salad for lunch the next day tough.
Easy to Make: Sweet Grilled Peaches
Heat the grill to 350 degrees. Once the grill is at temperature, slice the peaches in half and remove the pit. Brush on olive oil as this will help them not stick to the grill. Place peaches cut side down for 3-4 minutes and flip. Grill the second side for 3-4 minutes. Take off the grill and allow to cool for a few minutes.
Tip: Don’t put ice cream on right away or it will completely melt away.
Brush on a Sweet Glaze
Brush on the cinnamon, butter and sugar mixture on the peaches after being flipped. Brush again at the end. The mixture will caramelize with the heat and melt into peaches.
Add the Ice Cream and Blueberries
Once the peaches have cooled, use a small scoop of ice cream in the center and sprinkle with fresh blueberries.
Tip: You can use frozen blueberries if the fresh ones are not available.
Also, substitute with fresh raspberries for an equally delicious version
Tip: If you are looking for some crunch or extra protein, add the Roasted Pecans. You only need a couple of tablespoons to make it incredible!
Sweet Grilled Peaches with Blueberries and Ice Cream
- 2 peaches
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 4 scoops of ice cream measuring about 1/4 cup each
- 1/2-3/4 c fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs sugar
- 4 tbs butter melted
- Heat grill up to 350 degrees.
- Combine the melted butter, sugar, cinnamon together in a bowl and mix.
- When the grill is almost ready, cut the peaches in half and remove the pit. Brush with olive oil to prevent sticking on the grill.
- Grill cut side down on the grill grate and grill 3-4 minutes. Flip to other side and grill an additional 3-4 minutes. Brushing each side with the melted butter mixture.
- Remove from grill and allow to cool for a couple minutes so the ice cream will not completely melt away. Add ice cream and sprinkle with blueberries.