One of my favorite things to do with a grilled pork shoulder is to make pulled pork sandwiches! In this case, I am making chunky pork sandwiches. We decided to bring a different spin on an old favorite by making this both easier for you (and me, let’s me honest!) and tastier! Why go through all that effort of shredding the pork when you can make them into little chunks and be done? Efficiency at its best here!
Plus you will never know you are eating leftover pork when you bite into these sandwiches.
How do you make Pulled Pork Sandwiches?
- Let’s first start out with the Pork Shoulder that you prepared earlier.
- Slice a a few 1/2 inch thick slices and cube them up.
- Open up the buns and place a ½-¾ cup of cubed pulled pork shoulder on each bun.
Top it with the sauce of your choice and place the top bun.
What toppings do you use for Pulled Pork Sandwiches?
This was a hoot for us! We bought the most gorgeous red cabbage to use the day we took photos for the blog but completely forgot to use them! We ate the sandwiches right after we took the pictures and didn’t miss the cabbage at all. When I went to put the leftover pork butt away that night, I laughed as I saw the cabbage sitting right there waiting for me! Oh well!
I like to make a BBQ buffet bar, filled with options for guests. Nobody will have the exact same sandwich, but everyone will be happy! Here are some of the ingredients we include.
- Shredded Cabbage
- BBQ sauce of choice (note we used an Asian sauce as well! Think outside the box here!)
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Homemade slaw
The options are endless! Have fun with it! Use the small buns and make sliders to give your friends the chance to make several different types of sandwiches!
We have several sauces on the blog that work great with the Pulled Pork. Have you tried any of them?
What to serve with Pulled Pork Sandwiches?
- 4 cups pork shoulder cooked, cubed
- 1 cup BBQ sauce your choice
- 4 buns
- Cut pork shoulder into cubes about 1/2 inch.
- Place cubed pork shoulder onto buns and pour sauce over the top.