If you have read any of our previous blog posts in the past couple months, you will go “wait, I thought you just posted an Apricot Chicken recipe?” Yeah….we did, but sit back and settle in and wait for this 3 INGREDIENT Grilled Apricot Ginger Chicken Chicken Thighs on the Big Green Egg recipe! I adore our Apricot Baked Chicken, but, if you notice, it is cooked indoors, on a cast iron skillet. This uses completely different ingredients and so much easier to grill.
Grilled Ginger Apricot Chicken Thighs
Back to the yumminess!! Add ¾ c of Stonewall Kitchen’s Apricot Ginger Jam (if you can’t find it, add ginger to their apricot jam for a similar flavor) along with ½ c of Stonewall Kitchen’s Honey BBQ Sauce and 2-3 minced garlic cloves to a pan and bring to a slow simmer, stirring constantly.
That specific bbq sauce is sweet and smoky! It’s a really fun treat on the tongue!
Simmering will only take a couple of minutes. Turn off the stove and let it cook. It will thicken nicely and will stick easily to the chicken thighs on the grill. When you brush it on the chicken, it just melts and starts to make a sticky glaze.
Grill the Ginger Apricot Chicken Thighs on the Big Green Egg
Set up the grill for direct heat. You can easily use a gas grill or charcoal grill, but I prefer the Big Green Egg.
Adjust the grill to reach 350 degrees. I usually add GrillGrates to the grating, as I really like the way it cooks the meat.
Place the chicken thighs on the grill and let it cook for six minutes. Flip them over and brush on the ginger apricot BBQ sauce.
Let it grill for another six to seven minutes and flip them over again to coat with the BBQ sauce. I usually let it grill for another few minutes to let the sauce caramelize.
Take the chicken thighs off the grill and serve immediately.
Grilled Apricot Ginger Chicken Thighs on the Big Green Egg
- 3/4 cup Apricot Ginger Jam Stonewall Kitchen
- 1/2 cup Honey BBQ Sauce Stonewall Kitchen
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 8 pieces chicken thighs boneless, skinless
- Heat grill to 350 degrees.
- Combine BBQ sauce, garlic and jam in a small pot and bring to a simmer. Turn off to cool.
- Grill chicken thighs 6-7 minutes on each side. Brush the sauce on the chicken after you flip it and continue to cook the second side an additional 6-7 minutes. Flip over again after the second side is finished cooking and brush glaze on one more time so the glaze is brushed on both sides.
- Serve immediately.